Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Full Circle

My doula career started with a friend. For many years I struggled through miscarriages and infertility, and although very challenging for my spirit, I learned A LOT in the process about pregnancy and birth. Although I had never physically had a child, many of my friends turned to me when they had questions about labor. One particular friend is the one who sparked my doula career and encouraged me to follow my dreams. She went out on a limb and asked me to be her doula. I was very nervous, but I got trained and attended her marathon birth in July of 2012. She had a beautiful little boy, who now, calls me Aunt Annie (and sometimes even momma by mistake). I love that little guy!



So, when she got pregnant again, I was thrilled that she asked me to attend her birth again. This time it was much quicker and she gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl.




My friend was my first repeat client. I felt like my journey was coming full circle. If it wasn't for her asking me to be her doula, I probably never would have been. I am so grateful! On a funny note, at her first birth one of my other clients went into labor at the same time. I, unfortunately, couldn't attend since my friend's birth lasted SO long. During her second labor, another client was being induced the same day. This time I was able to attend both births in one day. Pretty awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment