Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why be a Doula?

I have just recently completed my birth doula training through DONA international. (Check out their website: http://dona.org/) So, I am currently working through my certification process DONA. The workshop was an amazing experience in which I learned so much information and helpful tips about labor and delivery. But most of all I learned how impacting the experience of birth is for a mother and that they way she is treated during her labor and delivery largely determines how she feels about that experience for the rest of her life. I want to be a part of making that memory a positive and empowering one. So I am embarking on a life-changing path that I am certain will change my perspective on babies, women, and life in gerneral. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment