Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Birth for 2012

2012 is ending with a bang. I attended my 6th birth on December 18th. My client wasn't due until early January, but labor came on fast and furious. This was my first truly precipitous labor. By the time we met at the hospital, she was ready to push. I didn't do much as a doula, but my client said she found what I said to her during pushing very helpful. I learned that words can be as powerful as touch!

On a personal note, this birth was very meaningful to me. Last year on December 18th, I suffered my 5th miscarriage and this year I was able to witness my 5th birth (since one I attended was a c-section). Also, baby's name means "blessed". I feel really blessed and redeemed!

I am looking forward to what is in store for me in 2013. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment