Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Come on! Get Homebirth Happy

I attended my first natural and homebirth  on Sunday. One word--AWESOME!  Attending a homebirth is so much different than a hospital birth. It feels peaceful and relaxing and mom was able to labor wherever she wanted. This is the first time that I was super hands-on as a doula. I did massage, position changes, and other comfort measures. At one point when labor stalled, I was actually napping with mom on the same bed. It was very rewarding when she really needed me. The midwives were great. We really had a great team. Mom was such a trooper. She overcame many obstacles and achieved her goal beautifully. It was worth every hour!

I highly recommend homebirth if the circumstances are safe for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet words :) You were so wonderful throughout the entire thing! I'm so glad to have had you as part of my birthing team.

    ReplyDelete