Friday, April 19, 2013

The Big 3-0

I never thought this would happen, but it finally did...I turned 30. I've been told that 30's are way better than 20's, so I am looking forward to tackling them with joy. But, my birthday did cause me to look back on years past. Did I think this is where I would be when I was 30? Is this how I pictured my journey? It's hard to say. I didn't foresee having trouble staying pregnant and adoption definitely wasn't in my plans, but I did think I would have a family. One of the greatest surprises is that on a daily basis I am involved in other families' lives--that I am able to use my knowledge and skills to support their journey. Despite the fact that I come into the relationship as the "expert", I learn so much from each couple about love and life. So I guess I'm totally excited to see what the next 30 years holds for me and the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment