Monday, October 15, 2012

International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day: October 15

Today is International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day. It is a day to remember babies and pregnancies that were lost in miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. I can't tell you how important this day is to me and to many people I know.  I personally have experienced loss in this way and I have supported and loved people through these types of devestating loss. Losing a baby is life altering. My role as a doula has been a very joyful one, but I will always remember that my joy was born out of deep sorrow. Consider lighting a candle today in rememberence of babies lost. Join families all over the world in honoring their precious children.

For more information: http://www.october15th.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment